1. Flossing can help remover the deep seated food particles in between your teeth. These food particles if not taken will form into plaque and become the breeding ground of odor-causing bacteria. Dental floss should be one of your 'tools' in your oral and dental kit.
2. Mix one part water with one part peroxide. You can find peroxide in every pharmacyAdd a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking soda so that it is not very salty but you can still taste the salt.This is your mouth wash. You can add some essential oil or peppermint for taste but it is not neccessary Scrape your tounge with the tongue scraper or brush it with a tooth brush. Don't brush too hard!!Then swish and gargle with the mouthwash you made above for a couple of minutes.Repeat twice per day or as needed. You will never have to buy mouthwash again.
3. Take an acidophilus and bifidobacteria supplement daily to establish and maintain favorable intestinal flora and healthy digestion. If you are allergic to milk, select a dairy-free product.
4. It is very important to have a well balanced diet. Have foods that consist of seeds, nuts, vegetables, grains and fruits.
5. Chewing mint leaves will give you fresh breath, especially after eating certain foods that give odor to your mouth like raw onions and garlic. This might give you temporary relief, still it helps remove bad odor in your mouth. Chew some fresh parsley after every meal. This works! Why do you think they started putting fresh parsley on your plate for garnish at restaurants(especially garlic and fish dishes)? By the way, this is the main ingredient in those breath capsules you can buy at the drug store(the only difference is they extract the oil). This is one of the best bad breath cure.
6. Choose an herbal-based toothpaste or tooth powder formulated without sugar. If this type of product is not available in your local drugstore, check a health-food store. Merfluan is a baking-soda-based tooth powder that is very popular in Europe. It comes in several different flavors.
7. Cardamoms can be used as a mouth freshner and helps in treating halitosis. Chew cardamom after meals and in between the long intervals. This would surely cure a person from bad breath.