Most of the common cause of toenail fungus infections -
1. Risk of toe nail fungus infection increases when for a long or extended period your feet remain damp.
2. It is necessary to dry the shoes after a short interval as wearing the same shoes daily without drying it may result into the toenail fungus infection.
3. If you are having a break in your nail then there is a possibility of the toenail fungus infection to occur.
4. Weak toenails which is the result of wearing tight- fitting shoes.
5. When any person cut their toenails extremely close to the skin it results into multiple small cuts in the skin. Due to these cuts the possibilities of toenail fungus infection increases.
Some of the most important signs which indicate toenail fungus -
1. Toenail becomes brittle.
2. Due to fungal infection a person while walking feels a stinging pain in the skin under their toenails.
3. Toenails become flaky.
4. There is a presence of black, yellow and brown tinge or spots over the toenails.
5. While wearing shoes there is a feeling of pain or thickness in the toenails.
6. A feeling of bad smell under the toenails.
7. Toenails gradually keep getting chipped.
Some of the natural treatments are available which will help in treating the toenails.
A mouth wash Listerine is very effective in the treatment of toenails. Soak your toenails in the mouthwash for about 20 minutes at least twice a day. Then wipe your toenails and toes with a dry towel. The antiseptic effect of the mouth wash will help the toenails to eradicate the fungus.
The oil of the tea tree is having the properties of fungicide and antiseptic. You can rub the affected toenail with a cotton ball which is dipped in the tea tree oil. Practice this solution at least twice a day in the morning and in the night just before going to bed.
You can also soak your affected toenails into alcohol for 20 minutes and also rub it. Dry your toe nails or toes by using super absorbent paper towels.